- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
$8,000 USD so far… Hoping for 15K
Los Angeles, USA
CEO of a Cubicle
One more paycheck and I’m gone
I dunno the route. I am thinking about a SE Asia route first. Maybe start at Bangkok, S Korea, New Zealand, or Philippines, then make my way to Australia, Laos, Cambodia, China-Tibet, Nepal, India, Turkey, maybe Greece… Egypt perhaps.. then off to S. America- Argentina, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Chile
Its always been a dream or an inner voice calling for me to do it… the older I get, the louder that voice calls. When I travel, its a time where I feel the most alive, on the road.
Like everyone else, the fear of running out of money. Everything else considered a fear or “something bad happening to me” is not bad at all, just a learning experience.
I haven’t told the family yet… I don’t think they’d be too wild about the idea. Friends are very supportive.
And again like everyone else, My Camera, My Money, and Sandals for the “who knows what has been on those floors” showers.
Of course it will. Why else go on one of these trips over a 2 week vacation then?
I hope to be inspired, humbled, renew hope in humanity, less ignorant, and happier.
So excited, a little nervous, the only thing keeping me from saying “F* this job”
This should be obvious for anyone finding themselves reading these profiles. If you’ve found your way to a site like this, I know you understand!
They are lazy or lost, they are fickle and not resposnible people. There is a bit of truth to it being expensive, but not nearly as expensive as people think.
Theres so much to say in response to this question. But a quote comes to mind to help me sum it up, and its a paraphrase but it goes something like “The wolrd is a book, and not traveling is like reading only one page” (that was butchered but u get the point)
Strap down on your dedication and really decide to do it. Then, live conservatively along the lines of finances. Do a bit of research (not too much), and when you know its time to go, go. Oh and e-mail me before you go to talk about it at email@example.com