- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
pharmaceutical sales rep
It’s my career
Not sure – thinking a shortened RTW 3-4 months. Will arrive in Germany in preparation for World Cup 2006 in June
Always dreamed of it. I am at the optimal point in my life to do it.
Getting sick in some far away place without access to healthcare.
Yes – they love the idea
A good camera and a guitar are my most indispensible items for travel.
I think a trip of this size will fill me with an immeasurable amount of self-confidence.
I am ready to open my mind, body, and soul to adventure.
Because living for a significant amount of time with minimal resources and no security blanket, should bring out the survival instincts and distills what is truly essential.
Not sure yet
Meeting people, testing myself socially, seeing uncommon beauty, learning about the world I live in.