- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
This is a goal but it’s flexible:
From Chicago to Ireland, then travel Europe by train for three months. Then the Middle East from Turkey to Egypt. Fly to East Africa and travel overland to South Africa. Fly to India and go from India to Indonesia overland. Finally flye to Hawaii (my new home)
I got suffocated by routine. I decided to relocate from Chicago to Honolulu and decided this was the perfect time to take a gap year.
I would hate to have my luggage stolen.
My family is very supportive because they all love to travel. Friends and coworkers think that it’s pretty cool but crazy.
I am keepin a well document website: www.rtwnomads.com and to be able to update it I have a lot of technological equipment, so I would have to say the laptop and digital camera are critical for this project.
I think this will be a life changing experience. I know I will change my career and possibly move internationally in a couple of years, so this will give me a glimpse at other career options.
Follow the journey.
RTW trips are a way of life where you get to do touristic things but you also try to get emerged into new cultures.
That you have to be rich to do it.
I enjoy cultural differences, seeing new sites, meeting new people and trying different cuisines.
Don’t think about it. You will never regret it. Just do it.