- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
I’ll come back if they’ll have me
Want to go to North America (NYC, San Fran, Chicago), South America (Peru, Ecuador, Brazil) Africa (Zimbabwe, Kenya) and New Zealand
Always wanted to travel but got put to the back of my mind when i got into a longlonglong-term relationship. Relationship ended, work bores me so decided to focus again and do something with myself!
Being too scared to talk to people, so spending time being lonely. Not getting it for months on end. Running out of money. Usual,I guess.
Haven’t told too many people yet. Mum is v. supportive although worried. My best friend will be gutted because she wants to travel and needs a travelling buddy, but I’ve decided I need this to be a solo trip. Can’t tell work until nearer the time. Dad will freak!
Clothes, shoes, hair straighteners (I know, I know!), camera, pens and notepad, pics of family, map!
Hoping it will make me a lot more confident. Should make me realise how indispensible and non-important most things are and how important it is to just be happy with yourself.
I’m terrified about most aspects of it, but throughly excited about all aspects of it.
You’re more likely to be working to a budget, which i think means that you’ll experience a ‘truer’ lifestyle while you’re there. You can totally relax and not worry about going back to work and rushing to fit everything into the 1/2 weeks you’re there.
Like the challenge
Need some of my own!!!