- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Seattle, WA, USA
One more paycheck and I’m gone
mexico, marseiles/france, singapore, somewhere in the arab lands, maybe ireland and definately South Africa
Well, I will have learned spanish to visit mexico, want to learn arabic, have a friend in france and singapore and have really good friends in South Africa.
money and taking off of work and education.
sure, they don’t care.
I have no idea. I will probably get one of those backpacking backpacks and pack like a backpacker. I will look at a lot of online tips and guides and choose between those.
Well, i am most interested in anthropology and the study of people and cultures. This will not only satify my interest but also help build my credentials.
Oh my god!
well, I have visited South Africa for one month before and it changed who I am most definately. I don’t like being like everyone else and I like respecting humanity. This helps me accomplish both.
That its dangerous or scary. Don’t believe all the news about certain areas are scary. Just have common sense like you do when you walk around downtown at night. Duh!
Meeting the range of perspectives on life from different people. It helps you think out of the box and view your world differently.
I don’t know because I haven’t done it yet myself.