- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
South Carolina, USA
It’s my career
South Pacific, India, Nepal, China, South East Asia
I have always liked to see new places and have been interested to see what lies at the end of a new street. I will be graduating from graduate school after over 2 yrs of working full time and going to school full time and need a break to decide my future.
fear of the unknown. Worrying about my family worrying about be the whole time
They are scared that something will happen to me, but they want me to be happy.
water purifier, camera, travel notebook for those times when the Internet is not available
I don’t know that is one thing I want to find out.
The world is my oyster and I am going to eat it up.
One to two weeks is not enough time to leave the pressures of home behind.
I don’t know I will let you know when I get back.
I hate getting stuck in ruts. Travel is like putting boards under your tires so that you can get unstuck from the mud.
The Internet is full of advice and tips on how to prepare for such a trip.