- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
hong kong, Hong Kong
One more paycheck and I’m gone
south east asia, australia, nz, polynesia, central america, europe
i always wanted to visit central america. now i work in HKG saving money for trip and go back to europe. i actually realized that my trip to central america should be via pacific and i should take more time
since i am croatian passport holder i need visa for many countries on the way, so i just hope that i would not have any problems with it
1 year ago i was living in croatia (most people don’t even know where is it!). just for fun, i applied for job in Hong Kong, although i had nice, steady life in croatia. completely unexpected, company decided to employ me – it took me 2 weeks to accpet job proposal in HKG, settle my old job and get on plane – it was a bit crazy but challenging. i never even went to asia before! so, my family knows that i am adventure addict
Planning is for tourists
backpack with swiss knife, torch light, first aid kit, sunblock, hat, bikini and 20 pcs of clothes
i don’t think about it because i have no idea what it will bring
i just want to enjoy moment by moment
it took me 1 year living in hong kong to realize what kind of life i don’t want
i have most of the THINGS that many people would like to have. all of this can be taken away somehow, but nobody can take away my memories about picking up shells on the beach with my friend on Zanzibar
there is no myth – you just have to want to do it
because i come from small country where everything i love to do is not socially acceptable – so, why should i live in cage all the time? i have to fly away sometimes
do it and you’ll never regret