- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
$3500 and counting
Peoria, IL, USA
It’s my career
US to Brazil – S.Africa – Egypt – Western Europe – Eastern Europe – India – Nepal – Thailand – Taiwan – China – Fiji – Australia – New Zealand
NOW OR NEVER! I feel like if I don’t do this now I’ll have a much more difficult time doing it in the future. I have always loved traveling and I studied in Italy for a semester in college (and that really changed me!). I cam back feeling different, more confident, patient, enlightened. Since I’ve been back, I feel like I’ve lost a little of that spice I gained and I miss it! I want to feel alive again
Getting sick. Getting malaria or having to go to a foreign hospital.
Supportive. Understanding… I’ve been talking about this forever now!!!! My boyfriend is actually planning on going with me
To the Nth Degree
underwear and camera
I’ll have a different perspective on what is important in life.
I’m tired of talking about it and I’m ready to do it!
1-2 week vacations are expensive and superficial… you need time to examine the lifestyle and LIVE it.
Too expensive probably – You’d be surprised what you can do if you put your mind to it.
It’s invigorating, insightful, interesting… any other i words?
GO! Make a plan and do it!