- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
UK-Ireland-Germany(Berlin)-Czech Republic(Prague)-Hungary(Budapest)-Croatia-Italy-France(Paris)-Kenya-Tanzania-South Africa-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Japan-Australia-New Zealand-Argentina-Chile-Peru
Have always wanted to do some long-term travel. Perfect time in my life to do so. Have the money. Why not.
Being without a place to sleep. Running out of money too soon. Being mugged, etc.
Some. Some think it is great and are envious. Others are concerned for my welfare and would rather I not go.
Winged it a lot
Clothes, toiletries, drugs (for malaria, altitude sickness, infections, etc.), sleeping bag, insect repellent, headlamp, earplugs, digital camera, electrical converters, copies of all my important docs. My camera will be indispensable, since I will want to capture everything I see. But realistically, my sandals and those safety pins will probably be the most handy.
No expectations for a life-altering or otherwise cathartic experience. Whatever happens happens.
I am nervously excited to leave!!!
Experiencing other cultures cannot be done in a one-week jaunt.
Not sure. I guess that the rest of the world is somehow much more unsafe than the US.
New people, new places, new things to see. So much out there…
Start planning early.