Australasia & the South Pacific: Round-the-World Travel Destinations
Round the World Travel Guide
Your One-stop Source to Plan & Book Around-the-World Trips
Why go to Adelaide, Australia?
- Interested in religion? This town is known as the “City of Churches”
- South Australia is famous for its vino. Grab a designated driver and take a day tour of nearby wineries for some free wine tasting
- Wander around the cosmopolitan Central Market with over 250 stalls selling food from around the world
- Take a cruise down the Murray River, in a paddle steamer or in your own houseboat
- Earn a few bucks! In-season there is a host of jobs picking cherries, pears, apples and citrus fruits
- Learn the rules to cricket, watching Australia play at the SCG
- Visit the filming locations of Mad Max and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- Visit Coober Pedy, the underground city that is the opal mining capital of the world
- Learn more about Aboriginal culture with the Adnyamathanha tribe at Iga Warta
Adelaide, Australia – What do you need to do?