- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Transformational Stories Travel Articles
One of the reasons we love indie travel is because it changes us. It opens our eyes to a larger world, it teaches us about other people and cultures, and it transforms us into the people we are now. If you are an indie traveler, you no doubt have one (or many) transformational travel experiences to share – come read about how travel has transformed these people. If long-term independent travel changed you, share your story with us.
- Travel Made Me Who I Am Today
- What was meant to be a short road trip with friends changed Miruna Corneanu's life forever and made her who she is today - a traveler.
- Giving Up Everything Gained Me the World
- Jonathan Look gave up a comfortable lifestyle and his possessions to enjoy a life of adventure and experience. His new philosophy is, "Why sip life from a straw when you can drink it from a fire hose?"
- Round the World Travel – Not Just a One-Time Thing
- Tired of listening to the world tell you you're too grown up to put your life on hold to travel? Stacey Ebert shares her story of why 'round the world travel doesn't have to be a 'one-time' thing.
- Confessions of a Lifestyle Traveller
- Guidebook author and travel writer Samantha Wilson describes her journey to discovering she is a lifestyle traveller, and the ups and downs that life on the road can reveal.
- Challenge Yourself and Do Hard Things
- What would you do if you woke up one morning in the middle of an adventure and realized you'd lost everything in a market crash? What are you doing with the precious life you have right now? Jennifer Miller makes a convincing case for the necessity of doing hard things and teaching your kids to too!
- From Desk Job to Dream Job
- Is it time for a change of scenery and lifestyle? Perhaps you want to experience the world from more than just behind a desk? Learn from Heidi N. Siefkas as she shares her triumphs and challenges in her move away from a desk job to a writer and tour guide through Cuba, Peru, and in 2014 Kauai, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Sometimes You Just Need to Go
- Last year I quit my job and left my life in Virginia behind to hit the road. I didn't know what I was trying to achieve, I just knew that I needed to get out and get away--looking back, I was trying to escape from my life.
- Travel in India: A Healing Journey
- When I left for a six-month trip to India, back in 2005, I was at the lowest point of my life. Frankly, I felt like I was throwing myself off a cliff. I don't know exactly what I expected about India or the trip, but I don't think I expected a magic carpet to appear.
- You Never Know Unless You Go
- At 30-years-old, we may think we have it all figured out, but Nina Klemm went through a transformation that had her questioning what she was doing with her life. A year in Australia changed both her perspective and priorities.
- Why You Should Forgo the American Dream and Let Travel Transform Your Life
- Too many people unquestioningly pursue the path that society has prescribed - school, career, mortgage, retirement. Rachel Denning will convince you that travel provides a more satisfying alternative.