- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Wildlife Travel Articles
Whether it’s embarking on an African safari, going gorilla trekking, or taking a boat trip down the Amazon, the chance for wildlife activities around the world are nearly endless. The following articles can help you get up close and personal with some of the most awe-inspiring animals in the world.
- #JustOneRhino – Save Rhinos and Win Prizes
- Travelers Building Change is raffling off over $30,000 in awesome prizes to those that donate as little as $20 to their #JustOneRhino campaign – which is raising money for Rhinos Without Borders and helping save the critically endangered rhino population.
- Planning Your Kenyan Safari
- Is one of your travel dreams to go on safari? Join Dani Blanchette as she offers all you need to know about planning a safari in Kenya.
- Seeing and Eating Exotic Animals in South Africa
- Take a bite of the wild side, with this list of exotic meats paired with South African restaurant and safari recommendations.
- When Elephants Attack – Khao Yai National Park, Thailand
- Danny McGee visits Thailand's Khao Yai National Park, expecting a quiet and relaxed afternoon of bird spotting and sight seeing. What he experienced was an adrenaline fueled close encounter with the Park's largest inhabitant.
- King Kong Comes to Life: (Very) Close Encounters with a Silverback in Rwanda’s Parc National des Volcans
- In their quest to get close to mountain gorillas in Rwanda, Robin and Pierre Devaux got a lot closer than they anticipated.
- Saving Kenya’s Black Rhinos
- For an "on-the-ground" wildlife experience, Dawn Kane recommends the Earthwatch tour "Saving Kenya's Black Rhinos" in Kenya.
- The Seven Animal Wonders of The Galapagos Islands
- The Galapagos Islands have some of the strangest looking animals the world has ever seen. In this engaging article, international explorer Charlie Withers give you the rundown on seven of the strangest inhabitant of the Galapagos islands, and why you have to see them for yourself.
- 7 Affordable Places to Go on an African Safari
- African safaris can be rather expensive. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 7 places you can see wildlife - without breaking the bank.
- Chasing Elephants and Decoding Dung: On Safari in Kruger National Park
- Visitors to South Africa's Kruger National Park are not allowed to leave their vehicle... except on bush walks led by armed guides and animal trackers. Brian Spencer on what it's like exploring Kruger by foot.
- The Dog Days of Summer in Guatemala
- Sometimes walking a dog isn't as relaxing as a leisurely stroll through the park. Sometimes it's downright terrifying. This is what travel writer Reannon Muth discovered while walking a dog through the streets of Guatemala.