Category Archives: Community
BootsnAll has been around since 1998, and in those 15 years, our community has grown and grown. The following blog posts are a collection of interviews, podcasts, and recaps from our community of readers and contributors.
On September 20, 2014, BootsnAll is teaming up with Meet, Plan, Go to offer a day-long career break event.
If you’re dreaming of leaving behind the 9-5 but don’t know where to begin, or you’re knee deep in planning but want some reassurance and tips and advice, this event is for you.
There is an amazing cast of travelers and career break experts taking part in this day-long extravaganza, including:
- Rolf Potts: Long-term travel expert and author of Vagabonding, the book about the benefits of taking a big trip, is the keynote speaker.
- Sherry Ott: Co-founder of Meet, Plan, Go, Sherry will be the host for the event. We’ve know Sherry since before she set out on her first big career break trip back in 2006. She’s been on the road ever since and brings a wealth of experience and advice on the topic of taking a career break.
- Rainer Jenss: A reporter for National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel Blog, Rainer took off in 2008-2009 with his wife and two boys for a year-long trip around the world. If you’re an aspiring traveling family, Rainer is your go-to guy to connect with.
- Katie Aune: A former lawyer and alumni relations/development professional left her fundraising job in 2011 for an epic trip through all 15 countries of the former Soviet Union. Katie is back in Chicago working full-time again and is an excellent source of information for those looking to take a break with the intention of returning to “normal life” again.
- Jane Stanfield: Interested in volunteering on your career break trip? Jane is the woman you want to talk with then. Jane volunteered on 12 projects in seven countries during her career break trip in 2006, then turned her travel and volunteering passions into a new career.
We’re so confident that this day will offer the kick in the pants you need that if you attend and don’t feel like it was of value, we’ll give you your money back.
Join us on September 20, 2014 and start making your career break travel dreams come true!
Read more »
Jenn Miller and I joined Jen Leo and Chris 2x last night for a This Week in Travel Video Podcast. We talk about all sorts of random stuff from the Olympics, what each of us are up to in 2014, and some long-term family travel stuff.
Read more »
“Vagabonding is about gaining courage to loosen your grip on so-called certainties of this world…it’s about refusing to exile travel to some other, seemingly more appropriate, time of your life…it’s about taking control of your circumstances instead of passively waiting for them to decide your fate.” – Rolf Potts, Vagabonding
Our good friend Rolf Potts recently released an audio version of his famous book Vagabonding.
If you’re an aspiring long-term traveler, a RTW veteran, on the road now, or simply interested in learning more about what long-term travel is all about, Vagabonding is a must-read (or hear in case of the audio version).
If there’s one book we here at BootsnAll like to read over and over and over again, it’s Vagabonding. It perfectly captures the spirit of BootsnAll and encompasses the core values that we live and work by. Long-term travel is something that we believe every citizen of the world could benefit from, and reading or listening to Vagabonding can be that first step to changing your life.
We love this book so much that we are currently offering 10 free copies to you, our loyal readers. This promotion has ended, but you can still buy Rolf’s book here.
Read more »
The BootsnAll Travel Network is looking for a new high-level marketing colleague.
Do you understand and believe in long-term travel as an educational tool? Have you spent a significant amount of time outside your passport country?
Do you love making meaningful connections with people in your life and embrace the constant change in the world?
Are you a voracious learner and do you work and play with passion?
If so, you are one of us. Read the job description below to see if your skill set and experience makes you a candidate for this position.
Read more »
Friend of BootsnAll (FOB) – Sherry Ott told me today that she is one of the teachers at Bloghouse. We are big fans of Sherry, and EVERYTHING she does has quality and excellence wrapped into it, so I enthusiastically recommend registering for this event.
What is it?
It’s a 4 day retreat for aspiring travel bloggers or travel bloggers that want to take it to the next level by learning from the mistakes and victories of folks that have done it and continue to do it.
Other teachers beside Sherry include, Michael Hodsen, Ayngelina Brogan (Ayngelina is another FOB!), Pete Heck, Dalene Heck, and a special guest Craig Martin (another FOB!) of Indie Travel Podcast
With all these friends of BootsnAll, I’ll say you can’t go wrong if you are looking to raise your blogging game.
This BlogHouse event it right before TBEX Dublin, in Dublin. So it’s super easy to combine it with that event.
Read more »
- More Bootsnall Articles