Author: Marcia from pocketvillage

10 Great Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving

1. Celebrate Thanksgiving in Turkey

Besides being able to tell your friends that you celebrated Thanksgiving in Turkey, instead of eating turkey, a trip to the country can be a fun, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Turkey represents the roots of the world’s religions. Many beautiful resorts populate the country and ancient ruins stand as a testament to the way religion has been the foundation tof several different cultures in the world.

2. Celebrate Thanksgiving Like Our Ancestors

Taking a Thanksgiving trip to Plymouth, Massachusetts will allow you to celebrate Thanksgiving in the location that the pilgrims first landed in America. Plymouth is the location of the famed Plymouth Rock and several quaint bed and breakfasts.

3. Celebrate Thanksgiving on an Alaskan Cruise

Alaska is cold and snowy, but there is real beauty to be seen by anyone that chooses to spend their Thanksgiving cruising Alaska.

4. Celebrate Thanksgiving with Millions

New York City is home to the largest Thanksgiving Day parade in the world. For all of you that love Thanksgiving and its delights, taking a trip to view the floats and attractions of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will be a fulfilling experience. There are millions of things to do in the city that never sleeps, and viewing the parade can be just the beginning of a fun-filled, unique vacation.

5. Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Native Americans

Thanksgiving would never exist if it weren’t for Native Americans. There are several Native American tours in the country, and taking part in them will allow you to celebrate Thanksgiving with the holiday’s originators and view several beautiful Native American attractions.

6. Celebrate Thanksgiving with Disney

For those of you who want to take a Thanksgiving vacation with children, Disney World should be top on your list. Disney World has several Thanksgiving celebrations that will allow you to have a fun-filled vacation and enjoy that warm Thanksgiving feel.

7. Celebrate Thanksgiving in Phoenix

Phoenix, Arizona is the home of several Native American reservations and attractions. If you want to get away from the cold weather and experience the roots of Thanksgiving, there is no better place than Phoenix. With a vacation to Phoenix, you’ll be able to experience Native American arts, culture and history.

8. Celebrate Thanksgiving in the Caribbean

A Caribbean cruise is the perfect vacation for people who wish to cast away the stress of family and Thanksgiving and enjoy a warm and beautiful setting. Caribbean cruises are a relatively cheap and beautiful vacation for people who wish to forget about Thanksgiving and all its trappings

9. Celebrate Thanksgiving in Washington, D.C.

There’s no better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than to tour America’s history. Washington, D.C. has several landmarks and museums that map America’s history from the time of the pilgrims to today.

10. Celebrate Thanksgiving in Detroit

Detroit may seem like an odd destination to celebrate Thanksgiving, but the Motor City hosts one of the largest parades in the world, America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. After you watch the parade, there are several casinos, museums and world-class restaurants to enjoy.

This is a guest post from PocketVillage.com.   

Photos by: chris_park_uk, martha_chapa95, milst1 , David Stanley, visualthinker