Author: Capp OConnell

Capp’s Classic Travel Quotes – Mazatlan, Mexico

Capp’s Classic Travel Quotes

A collection of travel quotes from the life of a traveler. I have given credit to those I knew or can remember.

“The journey of 1000 miles usually begins with ‘Get outta my house!'”
  – Capp

“The beginning is always a good place to start.”

  – A munchkin from the Wizard of Oz

“Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end, then stop.”

  – King of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland

“I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.”

  – Unknown

“Man plans….God laughs.”

  – Old Hebrew saying

“When traveling through Kansas always carry a can of tuna fish. If you get lost not only can you eat it but you can stand on the can and see Nebraska.”

  – Tim Jackson

“Get your head outta your ass and get your ass on outta here.”

  – Kip Attaway

“You can’t see the whole sky through a bamboo tube.”

  – Unknown from Japan

“We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren’t developed. But we’re going back next year.”

  – Groucho Marx

“Don’t just stand out there in the rain, honey. Go home!”

  – Spoken to my former girlfriend

“Only to the white man was nature a ‘Wilderness’ and only to him was the land infested with ‘Wild’ animals. To us it was tame… When the very animals of the forest began to flee from his approach, then it was for us that the ‘Wild West’ began.”
  – Luther Standing Bear, Lakota Indian

“Thanks to the interstate highway it is now possible to travel coast to coast without seeing anything.”

  – Charles Kurwalt

“When you have completed 95% of your journey you are halfway there.”
  – Old Japanese Proverb

“Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.”

  – Unknown

“In the event of a water landing your seat cushion will become a floatation device.”
‘Yeah, until the sharks come. Then it’s a bobber.’

  – Unknown

“There’s no place like home when your this far away.”
  – Jimmy Buffett

“I never saw an ugly women in a bar mirror.”
  – Some guy in a bar in Denver

“I’m basically monogamous, preferring one headache at a time – except for a weekend in Atlantic City with those two sisters.”
  – John Corey

“Never ask a man if he wants a bulletproof vest or a pair of mittens. Just make him put them on.”
  – Kate Mayfield

Got a good one? Send it to me: capp@onewest.net

——–