Author: Rebecca Evens

RTW Travel Photo Feature – Rebecca Evens

Editor’s note:

If you follow the Bootsnall Travel Blog closely, you’ll probably remember Rebecca Evens, who recently published “The Reality of Travel,” an insight into what life on the road really looks like, without the Instagram filters. In response to our “congrats, we’ve accepted your article” email, she casually sent over 12 of the most spectacular travel photos we’ve ever recieved. “I have (literally) thousands more if these don’t work,” she wrote. No big deal. Of course, I wrote back immediately to see if she’d share them with us.

Without further ado, Rebecca Evens’ top 15 travel photos from her extensive adventures around the globe. Enjoy!

African morning – Tanzania

While driving across Eastern Africa, we stopped on the side of the road for a break. The morning light made this casual scene spectacular.

Artist’s workshop – Rocinha Favela Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

During a tour of the Rocinha Favela we visited a local artist’s workshop. He beautifully captured the real life inside the favela.

Baby Gorilla – Bwindi National Park, Uganda

After trekking 3 hours into the Impenetrable Forest, we finally came across the Busingye gorilla family. This little guy played a game of peek-a-boo.

Bandhavgarh – India

Bandhavgarh is a remote national park in the Umaria district of India. Walking through the small community nearby, I captured this glimpse of local everyday life.

Volcan Fuego – Guatemala

After a full day hike up Acatenango Volcano, we camped overnight near the summit. I stayed up for hours capturing Fuego’s eruptions across the valley.

Bengal Tiger – Bandhavgarh National Park, Umaria, India

Bandhavgarh is one of the last places you can see tigers in the wild. This magnificent creature walked straight in front of our Jeep.

Bengal Tigers – Bandhavgarh National Park, Umaria, India

Even tigers need a swim when it’s +40C. I was lucky enough to witness two of them enjoying this watering hole.

Chapada Diamantina National Park – Brazil

An unexpected landscape inland from Salvador. The view from the top at sunset was breathtaking.

Desert Camel – Wadi Rum, Jordan

Local transportation in the desert of Wadi Rum.

Fisherman’s Wharf – Arica, Chile

A couple of locals wait for the fisherman to return with this morning’s catch.

  Land Of The Volcanos – Guatemala

The view from the top of Acatenango Volcano made it worth the difficult hike up.

Machu Picchu – Peru

As the morning fog cleared, Machu Picchu revealed itself in all its splendour.

Petra Monastary, Jordan

After hiking nearly 50km through Petra over 2 days, the Monastery was our final stop. It did not disappoint.

View From Cable Car – La Paz, Bolivia

The cable cars in La Paz are the best form of public transportation through the steep landscape. They are also the best way to avoid the local traffic below.

Village – Wadi Rum, Jordan

The slow pace of life in the Wadi Rum village.