Author: Megan Lee

What your Zodiac Sign Says About your Travel Plans

For those of you who have never checked your horoscope before hitting the road, now’s the time to find out where the stars best align for adventure-seekers like yourself. Traveling in a group? Use these clues to better understand yourself and your travel buds. Who knows where your zodiac signs will take you!

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Traveling comes easy to the energetic and active Aries. Naturally adventurous, courageous, and feisty, these travelers are very enthusiastic and not afraid to take risks. You can often find Aries traveling solo (as waiting around for group decisions really grinds their gears); these individuals rarely say “no” when a unique travel opportunity presents itself.

Aries desire a trip full of unusual and exotic sights and should consider traveling to Kenya, New Zealand, and Brazil on their next trip!

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Why travel spontaneously when you can plan ahead? Last minute adventures strike fear in a Taurus, who thrive on order and schedules. For individuals born under this star sign, the fun of travel starts way before their passport is stamped – a Taurus’s practical and careful nature will ensure plenty of planning prior to take-off. These spring babies don’t understand “roughin’ it” – there is nothing too luxurious or relaxing for them!

Tauruses anticipate trips full of pampering, leisure, and good food and drink; check out Paris, London, Florence, and other world class cities when traveling abroad!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

The witty and intellectual Gemini enjoy the hustle and bustle of busy city scenes. If you can pull a Gemini away from a conversation with a stranger, it is probably because you need an answer to a random question, as Geminis are known for their ability to retain information. Geminis are academic-oriented and desire to travel to places where they can learn a thing or two (guided tours are a major plus!).

Geminis are adaptable and versatile, but need to be kept busy; travel to energetic places such as Hong Kong, Japan, and Rio!

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Cancers, break free of being a “homebody!” Cancers rarely take off their shell and instead often opt to stay in the comforts of the familiar. As sympathetic and emotional individuals, Cancers’ star gifts would be best used while traveling in developing countries. Unfortunately, as creatures of habit, Cancers tend to find one place they like and often make multiple trips.

Cancers crave warmth and comfort on the road and should be found enjoying the beautiful weather in Fiji, Greece, Venice, or Cape Cod.

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

A Leo’s creativity is not to be overlooked – these traveling souls crave a lively atmosphere, somewhere they can be seen as royalty. Yes, these lions demand to be noticed whenever they can, seeing themselves as both powerful and exuberant. Leos are generous individuals and most likely to splurge on friends.

Leos, hone in your enthusiasm by spending your days soaking up the sun and nightlife in hot cities such as Cancun, Bali, or Barcelona!

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Virgos are happiest when they are taking care of others, especially sick people and animals. As a bit of a perfectionist, Virgos find it difficult to relax, constantly analyzing and processing the present situation. Virgos travel intentionally, often planning excursions with an overarching purpose that allows them to remain productive on the road.

Virgos aim to gain practical skills while traveling, and should consider volunteering abroad, participating in conservation projects in India, Thailand, or Bolivia.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Ah yes, the ever-charming and romantic Libra. Often indecisive and sociable, it may be hard to get these autumn babies out of the door and onto your next destination. Libras thrive in a balanced environment where things are pre-organized and require little input; group travel packages are an ideal vacation, as every individual finds something enjoyable on the trip.

Libras enjoy indulging themselves, and would feel most joyful relaxing in Denmark, Ireland, the Gold Coast, or any small, private island when traveling.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

The most intense of all the zodiac, Scorpios tend to “never let things go.” You can usually find them on a train with their nose buried deep in a mystery novel or a collection of brain teasers. As the most passionate and philosophical of the star signs, challenging adventures (such as scaling a mountain) are the most fulfilling. Scorpios are very reflective while on the road, and often come back deeply changed individuals.

While traveling, Scorpios are drawn to the “new” and “inspiring” crooks and nannies of a city, and should be sure to visit New Orleans, Nepal, South Africa, and the Galapagos Islands.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

A Sagittarius is least likely to join you for a vacation of sitting on the beach – instead, these individuals prefer to explore and challenge themselves in locations most would shy away from. The most likely of all the star signs to study abroad, these half-goats are optimistic and jovial, making great companions on the road. A Sagittarius is a free spirit who craves exposure to the nitty gritty of new locations (no organized tours here!)

Always craving cultural immersion, a Sagittarius will be most happy spending a few months in one place far off the tourist trail, such as western China, inland Argentina, or Siberia.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

A lover of all things old or traditional, Capricorns enjoy routine (especially around the holidays). Even in life’s toughest situations Capricorns will find a way to laugh. Ambitious with great patience, you will often find this star sign working hard to achieve their next goal instead of taking time off to travel. When that time does come, however, Capricorns do it right, with splurging as the norm!

Europe is a hot bed for Capricorns, who just drool over the historic wonders of Prague, London, and Rome. (Check out Cairo if they’re feeling adventurous!)

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

Being different is an Aquarius’ specialty, be it dress, thought, behavior, or… travel destination! Progessive and motivated to fight the world’s injustices, these humanitarians are always up for helping a cause while abroad. Aquarius’ are experts at traveling on a whim and don’t get too caught up in the planning details, often relying on friends to organize the logistics.

An Aquarius wants to “give back” while traveling, and should consider joining projects in Namibia, Nicaragua, Borneo, and Romania.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

The most mystical of the 12 signs, a Pisces is imaginative and intuitive, often drawing them to the romantic destinations they have always dreamed about. As wandering souls, Pisces aren’t too keen on following strict schedules or plans for a trip. You can usually find them looking out at the water (or jumping in), where they claim to find the most peace.

Pisces crave the romantic and beautiful, and should consider stopping by Santorini, Casablanca, Sydney, or Shangrila on their next travel adventure!

Were you meant for your sign, or born in the wrong month? Either way, be leery of your travel plans if you opt to ignore the universe and venture elsewhere!

Megan Lee (@peglegmeg) just relocated to the Bay Area after spending 2 years working in China and traveling around Asia. She never did care too much about her horoscope, but finds it amusing that her big blonde hair resembles her birth sign’s mane. Now working for Go Overseas, Megan spends her time encouraging others to travel while simultaneously planning her next adventure!

Photo credits:  mksystem