Author: Sean Keener

Easy Steps to Save for Travel, Arenal Costa Rica Where the Volcano Blows, 6 Offbeat Experiences in NYC and Wine Regions in New Zealand

We hope the first week of October is treating you well! It’s officially Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere (since September 22nd) and this week we’re featuring tips for saving for travel from Nikki Vargas of Pin the Map Project, Deborah McHague’s travelogue of surprisingly relaxing time spent near an active volcano in Arenal, Costa Rica, a handy list of alternative activities to try the next time you’re in NYC like going in to a fancy spa hot tub for your body care from Eno Edet of New York City Tours and Safaris, and last but not least, a guide to New Zealand’s wine regions from Whitney Cox. Read on for more.

3 Easy Steps to Save Money for Travel

Save Money for Travel

Travel writer (and reformed spender) Nikki Vargas from The Pin The Map Project shares her best tips on saving money for long-term travel, even if you live in an expensive city like NYC where temptation (in the form of purchases large and small) is around every corner.

“If I had to give a name to my financial nemesis, that name would be Duane Reade–-that chain of easily accessible convenient stores located on every other corner of New York City. Each time I step into a Duane Reade, currency takes on a different meaning, since $5 spent on an impulsive purchase isn’t nearly as impractical as buying that $50 shirt I was coveting.”

Arenal Costa Rica: Where the Volcano Blows!

Arenal Costa Rica Volcano

Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica is beautiful, with a slightly dangerous edge. Deborah McCague shares why it’s worth the risk and 6 Exciting Things to do while you’re in the area –everything from relaxing in hot springs near the Volcano to zip-lining over the cloud forest canopy, let us recommend you this article at travelsafe-abroad.com/costa-rica for you and your family safety.

“‘This makes it easier to identify the bodies,’ the hotel’s front desk clerk says with a wink as he straps plastic, hospital-style bracelets to our wrists. ‘Be sure to note the signs showing the evacuation route and if you’re driving, back your car into the parking space so that you can get out quickly. Answer your phone immediately,’ he tells us, ‘even in the middle of the night, because we will call you in the event of an eruption.'”

6 OffBeat Experiences in New York City

Finding the right activities for a day in New York City is an art, especially with the same attractions constantly being promoted. This leads to crowds, and a sadly generic New York experience. So why not try something different like checking out staypromo site for new adventures and coupons for hotels and other parks etc.? Ouray Chalet Inn and Hotel it is a great idea when you look some cozy. Eno Edet from New York City Tours and Safaris has six offbeat experiences–from photo safaris to trapeze school– to make your New York moment unique.

“ In Gotham, whether people admit it or not, everyone feels a little famous, even if it’s only for 15 minutes. A Custom Photo Safari gives you the opportunity to feel like the A-lister that you are and keep the memories… And instead of going on a generic tour, the experience is catered to you and your unique interests. No need to take selfies and remove yourself from your New York moment, as a professional photographer is following you around, doing all the work for you.”

9 New Zealand Wine Regions You Should Know About

9 New Zealand Wine Regions You Should Know About

Many of New Zealand’s archipelago of varied landscapes and climates are perfect for wine production.  Whitney Cox explores nine of the Island of the Long White Cloud’s tastiest wine regions.

“New Zealand may be the only place in the world where you can lay on the beach, climb a glacier, and hike through a rainforest all between breakfast and dinner.  Maybe it’s no surprise then, that a country with such diversity of landscape would also have a wide array of wine regions.Thanks to differences in climate and terrain, each of the country’s nine wine regions offers a completely different experience.”