- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- 5 Ways to Build Community While Traveling
- As the holidays approach many travelers miss home and feel the absence of loved ones deeply. Jenn Miller discusses five ways to build community as you travel and create family for yourself and others while on the road.
- The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff
- On the heels of Black Friday, Jenn Miller discusses why she'd rather have options than possessions and questions the sanity of following the American Dream just because that's the way it's always been done. Are you itching for something different? Read on.
- How to Cope with Spending the Holidays Away From Home
- With the holidays upon us, there are countless travelers on the road who won't be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve with their loved ones back home, and that can be tough, even for the most hard core traveler. Adam Seper is here to help you cope with being away from home during the holiday season.
- 5 Things I’m Thankful for Because of Travel
- With Thanksgiving right around the corner, Jenn Miller reflects on travel and what it's taught her about gratefulness as a form of meditation, as well as a few of the things she's most thankful for.
- Getting Kids On Board With Your Big Trip
- What happens when your big idea, your plan for a grand adventure, is met with a, “Meh,” attitude by your children. Or worse, what do you do when they absolutely declare that they won’t go, that you’re ruining their lives and that they’d rather live with Grandma instead? Jenn Miller unpacks her toolkit for helping kids, from littles to teens, get on board and contribute to the family dream!
- Round the World in Retirement
- It’s been said that “life begins at retirement.” It certainly can! Anne Supsic explains why retirement is the ideal moment in time to wave goodbye to your old life and see the world.
- Travel Success Story
- Fred Perrotta struck me, immediately, as super bright, extremely motivated, creative thinker and problem solver. And that was before I knew that he’d quit Google to graciously solve my biggest problem: packing.
- Challenging Cultural Norms Through Travel
- There are some commonalities that I’ve noticed among young people who are encouraged to flap their wings as early as they possibly can. There is something about the experience of having to take responsibility for yourself in the real world, struggle through hard things, and get way outside your comfort zone that causes an otherwise ordinary teen to do extraordinary things. So, what qualities do these kids share?
- Ten Mistakes to Avoid on Your Around the World Trip
- Here are some personal gaffs that could quite easily have been avoided had Helen heeded warnings, followed advice, and planned just a little bit better . Yes, that’s right; they’ve all been tried and tested, so better just take Helen’s word for it, rather than stumble into the same pitfalls yourself.