- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- Long Term Travel As Education
- Have you ever wondered what long term traveling families "do about keeping up with school" for their kids? Perhaps you're asking the wrong question. Jenn Miller, world schooling mother of four, teacher by trade, discusses world schooling as a viable educational alternative.
- Why Do We Have to Go Back?
- What if we never went back but, instead, continued to move forward even if that forward motion carried us right back to where we began? Jenn Miller explores the concept of "going back" and how to take that magic you found on the road with you.
- Fighting Fears
- We all have fears that we battle in the dark of night. The question is, how do we get beyond them? How do we separate the rational from the irrational and refuse to be controlled by them?
- The Psychology of Pre-Trip Preparations
- Jenn Miller responds to a reader, and to her earlier self, regarding the deep worries that sometimes precede launch and attempts to tip the scales from 'worried' to 'worth it.'
- Giving Teens the Freedom To Travel
- Would you let your child backpack alone with only other teens at 14? How 'bout play music gigs in bars at 15? Would you let your 13 year old live and work with college students on a farm a thousand miles away? Would you let your kids go out for dinner in a strange city, in Thailand, at night, alone? Jenn Miller has let her kids do all of these things and more. In this article she makes the argument for expanding the freedom of teenagers and expecting the very best as a result. You gave them roots, are you brave enough to give them wings?
- Enhance Your Resume with Travel
- Long-term unemployment is a difficult mental hurdle to overcome for those considering a RTW. But a gap in employment doesn't have to hurt your resume. Tara Shubbuck details a few marketable skills that anyone has the opportunity to learn or hone before departing.
- Why a Travel Break Can Be the Best Career Move You’ll Ever Make
- Career breaks and sabbaticals have finally been gaining steam when even as recently as a decade ago they were thought of as career suicide. We talked to 20 people who have taken that leap to find out why they did it and how it changed their lives.
- The Definitive Report on Around the World Airfare – Fall 2014 Update
- BootsnAll released the Around the World Airfare Report this week. Sean Keener, CEO of the BootsnAll Travel Network breaks down the what and why of this report. Why should you care?
- Overplanning vs. Spontaneity
- How much should I plan? How much should I leave open? Planning a long term, RTW trip can cause headaches for first-timers. Luckily Adam Seper is here to help you ask yourself the right questions to make planning that first RTW trip much easier.
- Dreams Deferred
- Life is tough sometimes, isn’t it? It’s not as simple as a rah-rah session of, “Anyone can live their dreams, go, go, go!” Sometimes, there are real reasons that a dream gets deferred. Good reasons. Then what?