- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- 5 Questions To Ask When Planning Your Big Trip
- Are you planning your first big trip? Jenn Miller shares five questions to ask yourself before you dive in.
- The Role of Pain in Travel
- Travel often has an element of suffering intrinsic to the process, but what about pain as a catalyst for travel? What about the value of suffering physically for the greater journey, both internally and externally? Should we, as indie travelers, be seeking to make the journey more comfortable, or intentionally making it more difficult? How much notice should we take of the pain and discomfort of a journey? What is its proper place, mentally and physically, in an adventure?
- First Hand Experiences
- Indie travel is all about having first hand experiences... so what happens when a seasoned traveler decides there's one she doesn't want to have?
- 10 Round the World Travel Myths Debunked
- Excuses, excuses, excuses. When it comes to travel, particularly long term travel, everyone has an excuse for why they can't do it. And many of these excuses are based on myths and faulty information. Adam Seper debunks these myths and gives you the real scoop on round the world travel.
- 9 Famous Adventurers to Inspire Your Travels
- Adam Seper profiles famous adventurers who explored the world before Twitter, Facebook, Google and other modern technology made it as easy as it is today.
- Why Travel?
- In an ongoing series that seeks to get to the root of what drives us to keep exploring, as travelers, Jenn Miller asks a dozen avid adventurers why they travel. The real question is, why do you travel?
- How to Build Your RTW Route
- Deciding where to go on your big trip is a challenge. We offer tips, advice, and a sample, base route that anyone can customize to fit their exact needs in the context of a short or long trip.
- 8 Reasons to Take a Gap Year
- The reasons for taking a gap year - a travel break from school or work - can be many. Adam Seper offers eight of countless more reasons to take a break from normal life to pursue your travel dreams.
- 24 Powerful Quotes to Inspire Your Travels
- With the thousands of meme quotes circulating on social media, Jenn Miller gets inspired to share 24 of her favorites, most of which have never made the meme circuit. What are your favourites?
- The Importance of Community
- Eight years after beginning to plan her family's first big leap into long term travel, Jenn Miller reflects on the importance of community and invites you to join her in building it, here at Boots-n-All