- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
RTW Travel Travel Articles
BootsnAll has been connecting Independent travelers since 1998, and the RTW (Round the World) trip is the pinnacle of an independent travel experience. Peruse over 60 articles about RTW travel, from inspirational articles meant to give you that extra kick out the door, to articles helping you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, to a free 30-day planning course that will give you all the tools necessary to plan the king of all indie trips.
- How One Woman Discovered her Independence On the Road
- When Tina and her boyfriend left Germany for Australia, they thought they'd settle down and live there forever. But after their breakup, Tina decided it was time to discover herself through traveling the world.
- Long-Term Travel vs. Short Vacations
- Find out why we at BootsnAll think every person should take a long-term trip at some point in their lives, and how long-term travel differs greatly from a shorter vacation.
- Why Travel Around the World? Why Not!
- Nithin Coca is a Freelance Writer whose first book, Traveling Softly and Quietly, a memoir on his 13 months, budget trip around the world, is about how travel can give meaning and purpose to your life.
- 10 Round the World Travel Myths Debunked
- Excuses, excuses, excuses. When it comes to travel, particularly long term travel, everyone has an excuse for why they can't do it. And many of these excuses are based on myths and faulty information. Adam Seper debunks these myths and gives you the real scoop on round the world travel.
- Why Travel?
- In an ongoing series that seeks to get to the root of what drives us to keep exploring, as travelers, Jenn Miller asks a dozen avid adventurers why they travel. The real question is, why do you travel?
- How to Build Your RTW Route
- Deciding where to go on your big trip is a challenge. We offer tips, advice, and a sample, base route that anyone can customize to fit their exact needs in the context of a short or long trip.
- Itineraries for Every Traveler
- Choosing an itinerary once you've decided to take a long-term trip is one of the hardest parts of planning such a trip. Vickie Lillo is here to offer 7 trip itineraries to help you out!
- 30 Hour Train Ride in China
- Join David Joshua Jennings in a Hard-Seat Train across Xinjiang, China for a average day in the life of a long-term traveler.
- A Unique Transport Option for Long-Term Travelers
- Interested in going across the ocean but don't want to fly? Andy and Becki Kremer find out first-hand what it's like to cruise across the Atlantic, and if it's a good option for the independent budget-traveler.
- Maybe Organized Tours Aren’t So Bad After All?
- As an self proclaimed indie traveler, I should have an open mind about all types of travel, yet I've always been kinda snotty about organized tours. Then I met Laura, who got me to re-think my stance.