- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
RTW Travel Travel Articles
BootsnAll has been connecting Independent travelers since 1998, and the RTW (Round the World) trip is the pinnacle of an independent travel experience. Peruse over 60 articles about RTW travel, from inspirational articles meant to give you that extra kick out the door, to articles helping you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, to a free 30-day planning course that will give you all the tools necessary to plan the king of all indie trips.
- 30 Hour Train Ride in China
- Join David Joshua Jennings in a Hard-Seat Train across Xinjiang, China for a average day in the life of a long-term traveler.
- A Unique Transport Option for Long-Term Travelers
- Interested in going across the ocean but don't want to fly? Andy and Becki Kremer find out first-hand what it's like to cruise across the Atlantic, and if it's a good option for the independent budget-traveler.
- Maybe Organized Tours Aren’t So Bad After All?
- As an self proclaimed indie traveler, I should have an open mind about all types of travel, yet I've always been kinda snotty about organized tours. Then I met Laura, who got me to re-think my stance.
- 5 Trip Ideas To Inspire Your Planning
- You've decided to do it! You're taking off on a RTW adventure. But the world is huge! How do you begin to decide where to go? Vickie Lillo is here to offer 5 ideas to plan your big trip around.
- Letting Go of Fear
- Are you anxious about traveling long-term? Read on to discover ways to calm your fears and finally take the next step to make your travel dreams a reality.
- 10 Destinations to Add to Your RTW Trip
- Returning from a round the world tour, Helen was repeatedly asked which country she preferred - so what is the "best place in the world?" Here's her top ten.
- How I Overcame Obstacles to Travel the World
- For many of us, we have an illusion that the lack of money is what's holding us back from turning our dreams of traveling the world into a reality. Renee Lo Iacono, like so many other people, had to overcome this obstacle as well as many others in order to make her dream of traveling the world come true.
- The Long-Term Traveler’s Guide to Love on the Road
- Travel is not just about the places you see and the things you experience, but also the people you encounter along the way, and of these characters, none loom larger in memory as the lovers. For those new to long-term travel, and even for those who are no strangers to romance on the road, here is some advice to make the most of these peripatetic love affairs.
- Graduation: Give the Gift of Travel
- Jenn Miller makes a case for travel as the continuation of education and issues a challenge to all the old people and the travelers in the world: give the gift of travel and change a young life!
- Travel Burnout as a Couple
- Traveling with a partner is great, but what happens when one of you is burned out and the other isn't? Writer Aimee Cebulski looks at the issue of travel fatigue mis-match and how to deal with it.