Terms & Conditions
INDIE TRAVEL MEDIA ASSOCIATION
‘ROUND THE WORLD TRIP SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Indie Travel Media Association 2011 Sweepstakes (the “ITMA Sweepstakes”) is open only to adults who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, affiliates, partners and vendors of BootsnAll Travel Network, Consumer Traveler, GoNomad, Johnny Jet, Perceptive Travel, Practical Travel Gear Blog, Transitions Abroad, TravelFish, and Wanderlust and Lipstick, as well as their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children), are not eligible to enter. Entries that are reasonably believed to be generated by scripts and other automated technology shall be disqualified.
2. SPONSORS: Sponsors can be found on the Sponsor Page of the Indie Travel Media Association contest page. http://www.bootsnall.com/rtw/contest-sponsors
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the ITMA Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator(s), which are final and binding in all matters related to the ITMA Sweepstakes.
Administrator(s) contact: Indie Travel Media Association, P.O. Box 16102, Seattle WA 98116.
4. TIMING: The ITMA Sweepstakes begins May 2nd, 2011 at 8:00 a.m. PST and ends on June 12th, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the ITMA Sweepstakes. Eight weekly prize winners will be announced during the course of the contest. Grand, First and Second Prize winners will be announced on July 15th.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Each eight (8) weekly contests run consecutive weeks beginning Monday mornings 8:00 a.m. PST with the first weekly contest starting on May 2nd, 2011. Each eight (8) weekly contests will end on Saturdays at midnight PST with the first weekly contest ending on May 6th, 2011. Visit http://www.bootsnall.com/rtw/contest and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the ITMA Sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary to enter the ITMA Sweepstakes. To enter without doing so online, mail one self-addressed stamped envelope to: Indie Travel Media Association, P.O. Box 16102, Seattle WA 98116.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
6. RANDOM DRAWING & WINNER DETERMINATION: Winners will be selected in a weekly random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be held on the Sunday following the end of each weekly contest. The Grand Prize, First Prize, and Second Prize winners will be selected by the ITMA Administrator, or an assignee, using Random Number Generator. Awarding of prizes will be conducted by an ITMA member and decisions on all matters relating to the ITMA Sweepstakes are final. The weekly prize winners will be notified by telephone, email or mail no later than midnight on the Sunday following the weekly contest. All prizes will be awarded. Winners must claim their prize within three (3) days following the date of notification for such prize. A winner’s failure to respond to the prize notification within the specified three (3) days will be deemed a forfeiture of the prize, at which point an alternate winner shall be selected from the pool of eligible entries. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner shall be selected from the pool of eligible entries. When applicable, the winner may be required to execute and return Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days after being notified of his or her win in order to be eligible for the prize, or an alternate winner will be selected. All prizes will be awarded. No substitutions including for cash are permitted. ITMA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any prize listed on the ITMA website contest pages. Winners shall be solely responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of their prize.
7. CONDITIONS: Participation in the ITMA Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s permission for ITMA and prize sponsors to use his/her name, address (hometown and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the ITMA Sweepstakes or ITMA for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
ITMA and their sponsors are not responsible if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Complete Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way will be disqualified.
7. PRIZES: Prizes consist of only the item specifically listed as part of the prize. A member of ITMA will arrange the shipment of each weekly prize as well as those for the Grand, First, and Second Prizes, in a timely manner.
8. LIABILITY FOR USE OF PRIZE: By participating in the ITMA Sweepstakes, entrants waive all right to, and hold harmless, Sponsors or the Administrator(s) from any loss, damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Sponsors and the Administrator(s) have not made, nor are they in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, express or implied, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide ITMA with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. ITMA, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
ITMA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or for any other reason ITMA deems it necessary. In such case, ITMA may, at its discretion, select the winner from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. ITMA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway or website. ITMA may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or ITMA representatives.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: Any trademarks used in this promotion are the property of the respective trademark owners and are used for identification purposes only. The ITMA Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
11. LIST OF WINNERS. The list of winners will updated after each weekly contest and will be available on the ITMA website pages http://www.bootsnall.com/rtw/contest-winners.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ITMA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE (name state) COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SHALL GOVERN THIS GIVEAWAY. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THESE COURTS.
In submitting your email address for this competition you are subscribing to the Indy Travel Assoc newsletter and may receive emails regarding both the competition and future upcoming events. Your email will never be shared with any third party without your explicit written permission.
To unsubscribe will be included with every e-mail we send.
Should you sign up for one of the member newsletters, your email usage will be governed by the policies of that site. Please see their respective policies for further information.