Why you should add Varanasi to your Indie/RTW trip
- Varanasi is one of, if not the, most sacred city in all of India.
- It's one of the oldest inhabited cities in the entire world.
- While it can be tough to watch, pilgrims laying their loved ones to rest in the Ganges is one of the most interesting sites in the entire world.
- Get lost wandering the waterfront and ghats of Rishikesh.
- Visit one of the following temples:
- Vishwanath Temple
- Kaal Bhairav Temple
- Nepali Hindu Temple
- Charter a boat on the Ganges for a unique view of the ghats around the city.
- If your schedule is flexible enough, come to Varanasi for Diwali and/or Shivaratri.
To learn more about Varanasi, read: