Author: Sean Keener

This Week on BootsnAll: Study Abroad and the 30 Days of Indie Travel Project


Studying abroad has long been an option for college students who want to see the world while they finish their studies. But it’s far from the only option. For those who are now longer in school and want to find a way to fund some extended time abroad, there’s always teaching English in places like South America and Asia, and if you’re less concerned with earning an income and more excited about making a difference, there are countless ways to volunteer your much-needed services around the world.
This week on BootsnAll, we’re looking at various ways to learn and grow around the world. First up, we profile some of the best school study abroad programs in the US. Then we’ll show you how you can work with wildlife on your trip, even if you have no formal training. On Wednesday, we explore some of the different skills you can learn through classes around the world, and on Thursday we’ll offer up ways you can make a difference even on a shorter trip.
This week also marks the kick-off of our November community event, the 30 Days of Indie Travel Project. Starting November 1, we’re inviting bloggers from around the world (including you!) to join us in a daily blogging effort reflecting on our past travel experiences. Each day, we’ll post a new prompt on BootsnAll articles. Bloggers can follow the prompts as strictly or loosely as they like, interpreting them in various ways and responding via text, photos or video posted on their own blogs.
But first check out our other resources on studying and working around the world: