- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Celebrating Christmas in India
- Christmas is celebrated across India and every state has its own unique way of celebrating. Aditi Bose takes you through a journey across some of these states and also introduces you the best Christmas shopping and food that these regions have to offer.
- Bhutan: Why It’s Worth It
- Bhutan, a peaceful and spiritual oasis lying in the heart of the Eastern Himalayas offers unique adventures to travelers, but has a reputation for being expensive that deters potential visitors. Kellie Netherwood explains why it is worth it.
- Five Tips for Traveling India by Train
- Train travel in India can be an overwhelming task in a sometimes overwhelming country. Samantha Love offers tips to help you enjoy the ride.
- India’s Top Roadside Eateries
- India is dotted with small roadside eateries popularly called 'dhabas'. Aditi Bose takes you through a journey of discovering the top 10 - each with its own specialty and local flavor.
- A Girl’s Guide to India
- India can show you its best and worst sides in the same breath. From stunning scenery to smelly streets, it's not difficult to form a love/hate relationship with this amazing country. And things can be even more challenging and rewarding for solo female travelers. If you're planning to visit, Jo Fitzsimons provides a Girl's Guide to India.
- The Mumbai Food Trail
- Just like anything Mumbai offers, the food can be a sensory overload. You just don’t know where to begin. So, Charles & Revati Victor list the top Mumbai foods that you simply must sample to say you’ve truly tasted Mumbai with more than just a spoon.
- Falling in Love with Malaysian Food
- Many people consider Malaysia as one of the world's most eclectic food paradises. Marco Ferrarese, long term foreign resident in the country, gives you 10 tips to get straight to the counter and order your roti canai biasa – and much more - confidently in second
- Indie Travel in Vietnam for $30 Per Day
- Traveling around Vietnam can be extremely cheap. Extremely expensive. Or anywhere in between. Budget, bare-bones backpackers can probably get around on $10-$15USD per day or less. If you want to pamper yourself by staying in 5-star hotels and eating at the finest restaurants, you can blow through $150USD per day. Then there’s everything in between. […]
- How To Eat Like A Local In Sri Lanka
- Totally different to Indian fare, Sri Lankan food is unique, delicious and shockingly underrated. Travel blogger and self-confessed foodie Natalie Lyall-Grant explores this little-known cuisine and shows you how to explore Sri Lanka's customs and culture using your tastebuds.
- 5 Unmissable Thai Dishes
- You’ve not tried Thai food in its best and most unadulterated form until you’ve been to Thailand. Chris Wotton recommends the best local spots to try five unmissable dishes in the bustling capital of Bangkok.