Budget Scale: 1-5
1-least expensive; 5-most expensive
4– Climbing Kilimanjaro is no cheap feat and takes advance planning.
Indie Travel Scale: 1-5
1-not a good Indie Travel destination; 5-a great Indie Travel destination
2.5– Rating an experience like Kilimanjaro is a bit difficult as it requires you to go with a guide and tour group, but you are climbing the highest peak in Africa, which is pretty indie if you ask me.
Why you should add Kilimanjaro to your RTW travel list
- To climb Kilimanjaro, at 19,343 feet (5896 meters), the largest peak in Africa and one of the tallest free standing mountains in the world.
- Be astounded at the amount of wildlife in Tanzania
- Visit the crater of Ngorongoro
- A trip to Serengeti Nat. Park will offer cheetah, Crocodile and wildebeest
Why you should not add Kilimanjaro to your RTW travel list
- It’s not the cheapest adventure around.
- While it’s one of the easiest peaks to climb of its size, that also means it’s among the most popular. You won’t be alone climbing Kili.
Are you heading to Kilimanjaro? What do you need to do?
- Buy a plane ticket to/from Africa
- Book a hostel in Kilimanjaro
- Book a hotel in Africa
- Talk to travelers on Africa message boards
- Read travel articles on Africa
Photo credit: 1