• Home >
  • RTW  >
Author: Sean Keener

Las Vegas, NV, United States

North America: Round-the-World Travel Destinations

Budget Scale: 1-5

1-least expensive; 5-most expensive
3.5– Vegas is an odd place when it comes to budgets. You can certainly do it pretty cheap as there are plenty of hotels that you can get for next to nothing. But how much gambling you do and how much you decide to splurge on food is up to each individual. It’s not difficult to blow up the budget in Vegas. Of course, you could leave with more than you came with, but that’s what everyone visiting Vegas hopes for.

Indie Travel Scale: 1-5

1-not a good Indie Travel destination; 5-a great Indie Travel destination
2.5– Vegas itself isn’t the most indie place to travel, but the surrounding areas make for some great experiences.
Indie Travel Tips
Follow these tips for having an indie travel experience in Vegas.

  • There are some cool free things to see in Vegas – like the Bellagio fountain, botanical gardens inside the Bellagio casino, the lion habitat at MGM Grand, and the volcano at the Mirage.
  • Check out some free shows – Circus acts at Circus Circus, Masquerade Show in the Sky at Rio, and I Lost My M in Vegas at M&M World.
  • Eat at one of the many world famous buffets or restaurants if you want to splurge.
  • Go climbing at nearby Red Rock Canyon.
  • Sites like the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam are a short drive or helicopter ride away.

Why you should add Las Vegas to your RTW travel list

  • Visit the neon city where gambling is a religion
  • The Strip, the lights, the people, the party – the time of your life!
  • Amazing hotels, incredible light shows, unforgettable performers, in a place that seems unreal
  • A shining light in the desert, indulge in good food and entertainment – pack your luck!

Why you should not add Las Vegas to your RTW travel list

  • It can blow your budget up in no time at all.
  • If you want to go see the beauty of the surrounding areas, you may need your own two wheels.

Are you heading to Las Vegas? What do you need to do?

Back to RTW Travel Destinations
Africa
Asia
New Zealand, Australasia, South Pacific
Central America
Europe
Middle East
North America
South America
Photo credit: 1