Budget Scale: 1-5
1-least expensive; 5-most expensive
4– Miami can be pretty pricey, especially if you want to stay and hang out in the popular South Beach area.
Indie Travel Scale: 1-5
1-not a good Indie Travel destination; 5-a great Indie Travel destination
3– Miami isn’t exactly known for being an indie travel destination, but you can find plenty of things to do to have an indie travel experience.
Indie Travel Tips
- Just hang out on the beach, sipping cocktails, taking in the sun, and checking out the beauty around you – both in natural and human form.
- Check out the mansions on the man-made Star Island.
- Go swimming at the Venetian Pool.
- If you are an exhibitionist, then head to the all nude beach at Haulover Beach Park in North Beach.
- If you are a foodie, then Miami has plenty of restaurants for you. Pretty much any world cuisine can be had here.
- Get outside Miami and explore the Keys and the Everglades.
- Get away from the crowds at Dog Island.
- Rent a canoe at Juniper Springs and paddle down one of the crystal clear streams.
Why you should add Miami to your RTW travel list
- Famous art deco buildings bask in the humid Miami heat
- Swim in the warm Atlantic
- Take a walk through Little Havana
- Hang with the locals at cafes on Ocean Drive
- Party like never before at night
- Relaxing atmosphere and perfect beaches make for the perfect combino for Miami’s famous nightlife
- Enjoy Cuban food in Little Havana and learn to Salsa till late
- Gateway to south Florida, the Everglades, the Kennedy Space Center and DisneyWorld
- Miami’s public transit system is excellent, and as long as you have the time, you don’t need a car.
- It’s a great stopover on your way to Central or South America.
Why you should not add Miami to your RTW travel list
- High prices will eat away at your travel budget.
Are you heading to Miami? What do you need to do?
- Buy an international plane ticket
- Book a Miami hostel
- Book a Miami hotel
- Talk to travelers on the North America message boards
- Check out our Miami Travel Guide