Malaysia is consistently a great deal for travelers with Canadian Dollars in their pockets. It’s warm, wonderful and diverse! Hence, we’ve added it to our Top 10 Value Destinations for Canadian Dollar Travelers for 2016. Don’t wait!
Why you should add Malaysia to your Indie/RTW trip
- If you took the cultures of Southeast Asia and pureed them, the result would be something like Malaysia.
- Consisting of parts Chinese, Indian and indigenous cultures, Malaysia is at once a rich nation with many poor people and an interesting enigma of a travel destination.
- Malaysia is one of the world’s most eclectic food paradises.
- It’s almost like Malaysia is two separate countries – one full of culture and variety, one (Borneo) an outdoor lover’s paradise.
- It’s probably the easiest country in Southeast Asia to travel in.
Indie travel tips for Malaysia
- Malaysia doesn’t have attractions so much as it has regions.
- Malaysia is so packed with things to do that that you’re better off picking out what you have time for, rather than trying to see it all.
- For urban and architectural attractions, travel to capital city Kuala Lumpur and see the twin towers, buildings, and other examples of Malysia’s incongruous commitment to industrialization.
- For more natural beauty, scuba dive on one of Malaysia’s many islands. For more detailed recommendations, check different regions of Malasyia.
- Rent a motorbike in Penang and head southwest to explore the smaller villages of the island.
- Head to Teluk Bahang to experience Penang’s tropical beauty. Hike along the coast to Monkey Beach.
International flights come in to Kuala Lumpur airport and a host of flights from all around Asia land there every day. Once in the country, buses and trains will cart you around Malaysia; buses are generally faster and more expensive, trains slower and cheaper. Renting a car might be the best way for you to maximize your vacation.
It is possible to road trip Borneo, Sarawak, through Brunei , and Sabah, renting your own car and getting off the beaten track. This article shows you how.