Your Travel Style
Prompt #3: What is your travel style?
How: Respond to the prompt – through a blog post, picture, video, drawing, tweet, comment at the bottom of this article – however you want to express yourself. Then tweet and link your response @BootsnAll with the hashtag #indie30
Week 1 theme: Getting to know you
Details: See below
There is one guiding question/prompt each day, followed by a series of questions, ideas, and comments meant to help you dig deeper. These aren’t meant to be answered directly, just to help (feel free to address any, all, or none of the guiding questions below).
What is your travel style?
- What is your prefered travel style?
- Do you prefer to stay up all night, or wake up early and catch the sunrise?
- Do you love camping, hostels, or prefer 5 star hotels?
- Do you seek out adrenaline rushes or prefer quiet cafes and delectable dishes?
- Has your travel style changed over the years? If so, how?
Tools and inspiration: Each day we’ll add a few links having to do with that day’s topic. If you’re experiencing a creativity block, maybe these can give you a few ideas:
- Enhancing Travel by Making Things Harder for Yourself
- How I Traveled the World Making Minimum Wage
- Cheap Travel vs. Budget Travel: There’s a Difference
- The People You Meet While Traveling
- The Eight Most Annoying Travelers You’ll Meet on the Road
Week 1: Getting to Know You
Each week will have a different theme, and since the entire idea behind this is to make meaningful connections with each other, every prompt this week will have to do with getting to know each other a little better by finding out more about we all travel.
We’re inviting anyone from around the world who has a passion for long-term travel to participate in our month-long art project.
You can respond to each day’s prompt however you see fit – through a blog post, a photograph, a video, a painting, a tweet, a Facebook or G+ comment, commenting below – it’s completely up to you!
We’ll share our favorites each day on Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. At the end of each week we’ll round up our favorite responses and write a blog post linking to each.
Each Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 EST during April we’ll meld #RTWChat with #indie30. We invite anyone interested to join us to chat about that week’s topic.
It’s never too late to start – find out the nitty gritty details here!