[All content and prices updated September 2013]
Why you should add Brisbane to your Indie/RTW trip
- The city is a major stop-over point between Sydney and Byron Bay to the South and Cairns and Tropical North Queensland above it.
- Brisbane is a rapidly developing city that is vibrant, laid back, and friendly.
- It has a warm climate year-round and has spectacular scenery.
- It’s the fastest growing city in Australia, so get there now before it changes again!
- There are world-class art galleries and a thriving music scene.
Indie travel tips for Brisbane
- The Gallery of Modern Art at South Bank has word class exhibitions.
- Explore the natural splendor of Moreton Bay and the Scenic Rim.
- Head to the Fortitude Valley for the music scene.
- It also has a Chinatown to explore.
- There are great shopping opportunities as well.
- Check out Southbank’s restaurants and pubs.
- Explore the various neighborhoods that make Brisbane what it is.
- New Farm is quickly becoming the place to be for locals.
Most travelers coming to Australia enter through Sydney, but there are plenty of flights into Brisbane. If you’re traveling around Australia for a while, you can easily reach Brisbane by bus or rent your own wheels to get around.
There are a variety of places to stay when traveling to Brisbane, but if you want to maximize your budget, start by searching for hostels.