[All content and prices updated July 2013]
Why you should add Colorado to your Indie/RTW trip
- The beginning of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado hosts dramatic landscapes and mountains, the grand Colorado River, and some of the best snow in North America.
- If you are looking for an active state with endless opportunities for the outdoor adventurer, this is a state not to be missed.
- Hiking, biking, and rock climbing are the obvious ones, but there is also white-water rafting and kayaking, along with snowboarding and skiing in the winter months. Come in March or April for the best of both worlds, and who knows, you may even get to ski in shorts and a t-shirt.
- The highest peaks in the North American Rockies call Colorado home.
- Denver and Colorado Springs are two fun cities with lots to offer when you’re in need of some city life.
- If you’re really looking to go off the grid, the southwestern part of Colorado is the place to go. Explore the mountains here and be all alone with the wilderness.
- Head to Mesa Verde National Park
- Explore the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park