Backpacker Travel Insurance

If you’re a backpacker, we’ve made it easy for you to find a travel insurance plan that may be right for you. Tops on our list for backpackers is World Nomads. You can use the quick quote calculator below.

But we know that everyone has different needs, and our online insurance guide compares several different companies. It offers you a way to quickly compare different policy options and may help you select a policy that’s best for you. Our travel experts are also available to help answer any questions you might have about the always exciting world of travel insurance.

Most backpackers are on a budget, so they must decide which policies are worth it and how much risk they are willing to take. Some only get a policy that has emergency medical service for worst case scenarios. Some want to add trip protection in case of any unforeseen problems with things like flights and lost luggage, especially if you’re traveling with expensive gear (World Nomads offers plans with trip protection built in). If you’re a backpacker who is also into adventure sports, check out our Adventure Traveler Insurance page.

Travel has risks, and everyone has their own opinions on how much risk they are willing to take. It’s important to educate yourself before making your decision and look into all your options, no matter if you’re going on a one week backpacking trip or a multi-year round the world adventure.

If you want more in depth information about travel insurance, check out the following articles: