Design Your Own Hostel
Prompt #29: Design the perfect hostel
How: Respond to the prompt – through a blog post, picture, video, drawing, tweet, comment at the bottom of this article – however you want to express yourself. Then tweet and link your response @BootsnAll with the hashtag #indie30
Week 5 theme: Never gonna say goodbye
Details: See below
There is one guiding question/prompt each day, followed by a series of questions, ideas, and comments meant to help you dig deeper. These aren’t meant to be answered directly, just to help (feel free to address any, all, or none of the guiding questions below).
Design the perfect hostel
- We’ve all probably uttered this phrase at some point during our travels, “We should totally open a hostel!”
- Let’s dream and all build our own hostels.
- What would it look like?
- What amenities would it have?
- Would it a party hostel or family friendly?
- Would you serve food? What kind?
- Would it have a bar?
- Be as realistic or fantastical as you want.
- Bonus points if you draw the room up for us!
- Extra bonus points if you do it in Crayons.
Tools and inspiration: Each day we’ll add a few links having to do with that day’s topic. If you’re experiencing a creativity block, maybe these can give you a few ideas:
- Do You Want to Open Your Own Hostel?
- 15 Must-Haves of Great Hostels
- 8 Things That Separate Great Hostels from Average Hostels
Week 5: Never Gonna Say Goodbye
Each week will have a different theme, and in this short week of only two days, we’ll be wrapping up #Indie30 and saying farewell to all of you, but hopefully not forever. This whole project was designed to make more meaningful connections with people who share the same passion of long-term travel, so let’s all make it a point to stay in touch after this is all over!
We’re inviting anyone from around the world who has a passion for long-term travel to participate in our month-long art project. You can respond to each day’s prompt however you see fit – through a blog post, a photograph, a video, a painting, a tweet, a Facebook or G+ comment, commenting below – it’s completely up to you! We’ll share our favorites each day on Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. At the end of each week we’ll round up our favorite responses and write a blog post linking to each. Each Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 EST during April we’ll meld #RTWChat with #indie30. We invite anyone interested to join us to chat about that week’s topic.
It’s never too late to start – find out the nitty gritty details here!
Photo credits: runran