Author: BootsnAll

Gifts for Travelers: Gift Guide Round-Up


Christmas or Hanukkah, Festivus or just the joy of family and friends – whatever it is you’re celebrating this season, December is generally a month of shopping for the perfect gift for the loved ones in your life. And if those loved ones also love travel, often travel for work, or are planning a big trip, what better way to show your love than by helping them travel more, travel better, or get inspired to live their travel dreams.

No matter what stage of life your favorite traveler is in, we can help. We’ve got gift gift ideas for business travelers, adventure travelers, budget travelers, career break travelers, and new parents, plus suggestions for those who love or often travel to a particular destination. We can even help with budget-friendly gift ideas, stocking-stuffer suggestions, and – for those procrastinators out there – last-minute gift ideas sure to please.

Gifts for people who are traveling to a particular place:

Have a friend or family member who just can’t enough of a particular place? Maybe they’ve been once and fell in love, or perhaps they return year after year to their favorite spot. Here are some destination-specific gifts perfect for the first-time or repeat traveler.

Gifts for Las Vegas Lovers | Gift Ideas for the Thailand Lover | 26 Gift Ideas for the Australia Fan | Holiday Gifts for the London Fan | Gift Ideas for the Spain Fan | 65 Italy Gift Ideas for the Italophile in Your Life | 55 Gifts for the Francophile in Your Life | Gift Ideas for the Canada Fan | Holiday Gifts for the Iceland Lover | Gift Ideas for the Hawaii Lover | 26 Paris Gift Ideas for Your Inner Parisian | 23 Gift Ideas for the Greece Fan | 14 Made in Portland Gift Ideas

Gifts for different types of travelers:

Just like luxury travelers travel in a different way than backpackers, round-the-world travelers have different needs than those who are going on shorter trips. Here are some gifts sure to meet the demands of many different types of travel.


Gift Ideas for Backpackers | Travel Gear Wish List for New Parents | 17 Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers | 11 Gift Ideas for Career Break Travelers | 25 Gift Ideas for Round the World Travelers | Gift Ideas for the Techie Traveler | 18 Gifts for Writers | 58 Business Gift Ideas | Gift Ideas for the TEFL Teacher | Green Gift Ideas | 17 Perfect Gifts for Indie Travelers

Gifts from budget buyers:

Just because you can’t afford to spend a lot doesn’t mean you can’t find a gift the traveler in your life will love. Check out some of these budget-friendly ideas.

Waited too long? Check out our list of each last-minute gifts!

[social]

Photo by: AForestFrolic

What’s on your holiday wishlist?

Our 12 Days of Giveaways have ended, but check out the great prizes, which may provide some additional holiday shopping inspiration!

Day #12 – Win a set of GoToobs

GoToobs are one of the best products for transporting your liquid toiletries without worrying about spills, giving up your favorite products for smaller travel-size versions, or feeling guilty about harming the planet.

The BPA-free bottles are both convenient and eco-friendly; they’re leak-proof and no-drip and are easy to refill. They’ve got suction cups that let you stick them on the shower wall for easy access and the labels keep everything organized and clearly marked in a durable and TSA-friendly bottle.

>> Buy a set of GoToobs for $21.35 on Amazon 

 

Day #11 – Win a Sea to Summit TravellingLight TPU Clear Zip Top Pouch

Outdoor gear company, Sea to Summit, is one of our favorites and we love their TravellingLight line of products like dry sacks and mesh bags. Today’s prize is another great item in the line designed to help you minimize space and weight in your pack while maximizing functionality. The Day #11 winner will receive a the TravellingLight TPU Clear Zip Top Pouch, made of TPU, a plastic used for its elasticity, transparency and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion.

This toiletry kit is built to last. Unlike disposable ziploc bags, it features a leak resistant zipper (along with three 3-oz and three 1.3-oz leak-proof bottles) to keep your liquids contained within the bag. It’s better for your stuff, and much better for the environment, making it an ideal gift for green travelers.

Sea to Summit is also giving away a TravellingLight Toiletry Bag as part of the grand prize collection.  The ultra lightweight bag has two internal mesh pockets and a stand up “Dopp kit” and is made from water-resistant and durable Ultra-Sil fabric. It comes in assorted colors and both 2 and 4 liter sizes.

>> Shop the TravellingLight line at Sea to Summit 

 

DAY #10 – Win a telephoto lens for iPhone from Photojojo

Attaching a zoom lens to your phone’s camera might seem a bit odd, but once you ignore the funny looks from others, you’ll see how useful this accessory from Photojojo can be. Made to fit an iPhone 4/4S , the 8x fixed zoom attaches to a black iPhone case and also comes with a tripod for your phone.

To use, you just pop the lens onto the case (and set it up on the tripod if you really want to get the perfect shot….and some more funny looks) and snap away. Great for concerts, street shots, architectural details, nature and more, the lens really helps you get the most from your iPhone camera. Photojojo also sells other iPhone lenses like panorama and fisheye (plus lots of other awesome camera gadgets) so your iPhone really can be the only camera you’ll need to pack for your next trip!

>> Buy one for $35 at Photojojo 

DAY #9 – Win a performance shirt from Haeleum

Travelers are always on the search for the best travel clothes – items that are durable, lightweight, and great for a variety of conditions. Haeleum’s shirts fit the bill perfectly. They’re lightweight, wrinkle-free, moisture-wicking, quick-drying, and insect-repelling, and even help shield you from the damaging effects of the sun.

There are several cuts and colors to choose from. We’re giving one lucky winner their choice of the men’s celan t-shirt, which even has an anti-microbial finish for odor control, or the women’s  maegen cap-sleeve t.

>> Buy one for $34.98 to $39.98, or browse the full line of women’s, men’s and children’s shirts atHaeleum 

DAY #8 – Win a $50 Gift Certificate from Moosejaw

When it comes to gear outfitters, travelers have plenty of choices. We think Moosejaw is one of the best, not only because they carry dozens of great brands like Ex Officio, Keen, Mountain Hardware, Reef and Sorel, all at great prices, but their own Moosejaw brand is pretty sweet too.

A Moosejaw gift card is great for any traveler on your list, whether they’re into camping, climbing, skiing, surfing, or hiking. If you can’t decide if they’d rather receive a new Osprey backpack, a sturdy pair of Merrell boots, a North Face fleece, or just a comfy Moosejaw hoody sweatshirt, the gift card has you covered.

>> Buy one at Moosejaw

DAY #7 – Win a Travalo Mini Refillable Travel Spray 

The TSA’s questionably effective 3-1-1- rule for liquids have impacted travelers in a variety of ways. While some backpackers may have no problem giving up their favorite large-size toiletries in favor of smaller travel-friendly versions, some of us are a bit more particular about the products we use and appreciate the little luxuries in life. Particularly if you’re setting off on a quick trip or travel a lot for business, you may want to rely on your favorite tried and true products, which simply might not be available in smaller travel versions.

Thankfully, travel companies like Travalo have  developed products to help us get around the TSA liquid limitations without being forced to check luggage, allowing us to bring smaller quantities of our favorite travel products in out carryon bags without fear of confiscation.  The Travalo Mini Travel Refillable Spray lets you bring a smaller quantity of your favorite perfume on the go. The pocket-size aluminum bottle holds up to 50 sprays of your favorite scent in a .135 ounce portion, well within TSA guidelines and allowing you to pack light without sacrificing a little luxury.

>> Buy one for $15.99 at Travalo

DAY #6 – Win a Cora Classic Rucksack

There are tough backpacks and then there’s the Cora Classic. Made in the US in small runs by a military-grade production company, the Cora is made of wear-resistant 400D high-density nylon. Not only is this pack built to last, it’s lightweight at just 1.5 pounds, and holds 36 liters of gear. With a front stash-pocket, hood stash-pocket, dual side pockets and a large main section with adjustable hood, internal pocket and book-sleeve, it’s a great all-purpose pack.

And the sleek, stylish black design is great for travelers who are looking for something more sophisticated than your average backpack but who want to avoid the constraints of a rollaboard. The Cora Classic would be equally at home on the streets of New York or Rome as it would in Buenos Aires or Bangkok.

>> Buy one for $164.99 from Ignoble 

 

DAY #5 – Win a Map Links Necklace from Uncommon Goods

When thinking about gifts for your favorite travelers, you might first think of more practical travel gear – durable clothes, backpacks, travel tech, and adventure supplies. But not everyone has the same travel style, and not every travel gift should be reserved for use on a trip.

Along with a love of travel, many of us also appreciate other travel-themed jewelry, art, and map gifts, like this beautiful necklace, made of silver or gold, from Uncommon Goods. It let’s the traveler you love, show off her love of travel, and it’s much more personal than another pair of quick-dry socks.

>> Buy one from Uncommon Goods for $60

 

DAY #4 – Win a 27oz Klean Kanteen

We’ve been talking about Klean Kanteens at BootsnAll for a while now. We listed the Klean Kanteen as one of our favorite eco-friendly travel gifts and think they’re one of the best water bottles on the market.

Made of stainless steel, the Klean Kanteen is easy to clean, durable, BPA- and toxin-free, non-leaching and 100% recyclable. The slim design fits most cupholders and the wide mouth accommodates large ice cubes. And all Klean Kanteens are backed by a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.

>> Buy a Klean Kanteen on Amazon, for $13-$26

DAY #3 – Win a pair of P^cubed Pick-Pocket Proof Pants

When setting off on an adventure, the last thing you want to think about is the possibility of danger, but the reality is, travelers can be a target for pickpockets anywhere. P^cubed’s Pick-Pocket Proof Pants can reduce the risk with the equivalent space of four money belts in various secure pockets and hidden compartments.

With wrinkle, rain and stain resistant fabric, cut-proof pockets, secret passport and money pockets, dual front smartphone pockets,  and all around covered zippers for protection from pickpockets, they’re the only pair of cargo pants you’ll need for your trip.

Available in business and adventure styles in pants and shorts.

>> Buy online at Clothing Arts for $109.95

 

DAY #2 – Win a Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible Pack from eBags!

For tech-loving travelers on the go, there’s no better bag than the Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible, with compartments for all your gadgets, plus discreet and cushioned laptop storage, id pockets and water bottle pocket.

Weighing in at just under four pounds, it’s lightweight, stylish (available in five colors), roomy and durable.

>> Buy one on eBags for $74.99 

 

DAY #1 – Win an Ork Poster of your choice!

Take your pick from one of 20 awesome posters highlighting destinations in the US, Canada and Europe. Ork Posters neighborhood maps let you show off your love for your favorite city in a unique way.

Sizes and colors vary, but each one is made with soy-based ink on recycled paper, so while we think this is a great gift for any indie traveler, it’s also an excellent idea for your eco-conscious friends.

>> Buy one at Ork Posters, starting at $22