Author: Dale Thomas Vaughn

Travel for All. All for Travel.

We’re the biggest little travel media network in the world, and we’re about to wade into a new generation of life.

We decided to refresh the look and feel of BootsnAll to go with a refreshed vision. This is a new era for us, and we want to bring you into our process. I’m going to share that as transparently as possible, but really it all boils down to this…

We believe everyone should have the chance to travel.

We also believe traveling could help people see how interconnected we all are on this planet, to feel unstuck, to experience true freedom and fulfillment. For this reason we want to be the biggest supporters of travel that we can possibly be. We want to help new travelers take their gap years, senior travelers explore the world, family travelers go on worldschooling trips, solo travelers discover themselves, digital nomads free themselves from cubicles, digital detoxers free themselves from screens, country collectors get to 195, voluntourists change the world… and anyone else who finds fullness in the active, conscious, presence of travel.

Right now, BootsnAll is a big blog with a historic legacy as one of the first (if not THE first) travel blog on the web. We are still going to do that, but we’re also going to get into some other cool things like video, community events, podcasting, classes and book publishing. Do you have aspirations along those lines? Let’s talk!

If you’re a traveler, there’s often a dichotomy of wanting deep community, and also wanting to experience new places and faces and cultures. Since the beginning of humanity true nomads have naturally traveled in tribes, in groups. Modern travel can often feel like an individualistic pursuit, with moments of intermittentgenuine connections wrapped in a layer of accepted isolation… and that’s something we understand. We want to provide a place to connect and know you’re not alone out there. You’ve got a tribe. We’re your tribe, you’re ours.

We want to be your tribe if you’re on a life break like a gap year or a career sabbatical, if you’re on a lifelong journey as a worldschooling family, a digital nomad, a country collector, or an intrepid senior traveler.

If you’re a new travel writer/vlogger/podcaster, we want this to be your new home and place to grow. We want to provide a canvas, tools, and the support to help you get your pursuit going whether it’s a hobby or a career. We’ve been there for other major writers before, like Rolf Potts, and we want to help the next generation of travel authors find their voice.

If you’re an advanced writer with award aspirations and publishing goals, we want you to pitch us your feature so we can help fund your launchpad and even strategize with you on publishing/producing your dream piece.

Could Travel Save the World?

We are socially conscious, so if you want to write about being a solo female traveler, we want to empower you. Care about the environment? We want to magnify you. Want to uplift a community or end xenophobia? We want to join you.

Yes, we honestly believe travel could save the human species.

Mark Twain Travel is Fatal to Prejudice

There’s actually scientific proof that travel makes people more empathic, more self-aware, and more environmentally conscious.

How are we going to go about this?

Step 1: Inspire… Get inspired and learn
Step 2: Motivate… Engage/connect/contribute
Step 3: Plan… Go

There are 196 countries in the world. In order to visit them all, you would need to average between 3-10 countries every year depending on your age. That takes inspiration, motivation, and planning. Even if you just want to see one new place… the process is the same.

We intend to offer high quality content for inspiration, authentic community for motivation, and the best tools to actually plan and go on your adventures.

For Inspiration: We’ve got 15,000 pages of content at your fingertips, multiple email courses to travel round-the-world, and video from a NYTimes Best selling author.

For Motivation: We’ve built a community of 15,000 contributors, 67,000 followers on Twitter, 33,000 fans on Facebook and we are going to deepen the possible experiences within this amazing group of independent travelers, writers, and contributors.

For Planning: We have 20 years of deep working connections with the best in the planning industry, like AirTreks for your complex airfare, the Indie platform for multi-stop booking options, Intrepid for your big tours and expeditions, or GetYourGuide for your tours.

If you love travel, I hope you’ll get inspired, motivated, and planning with us!