Author: Jean Ciolli

Win a Free Trip to Cambodia, Central Europe or Egypt

This Halloween, forget the bite-sized chocolate treats and enter to win a trip-sized one. This year we’ve partnered with World Nomads and Intrepid Travel (and a few others) to give you the chance to win a trip so good it’s scary for you (and a friend) to Cambodia, Central Europe or Egypt. And even if you don’t end up winning the grand prize, you’ll score an inbox of travel-related goodies, just for participating. Read on for more details about the trips and how you can win!

A Real Food Adventure in Cambodia


Participate and Win Free travel to Cambodia
Dive into spirtual, colorful Cambodia on this 10-day Real Food Adventure! From street stalls to a traditional Khmer dinner by torchlight on the grounds of a temple, you’ll be full to the brim(figuratively and literally) and fully immersed as you journey from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.

Cambodia Trip Details:


Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
Stops included: Phnom Penh, Kampot, Battambang, Banteay Chhmar, Siem Reap
Start: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
End: Siem Reap, Cambodia

The Best of Central Europe


Free travel to Central Europe? Sign us up.
Get more days for your trip with the best of Central Europe tour. This 15-day trip includes the best of Central Europe, from the opulent cafes and museums of Vienna to the hallowed beer halls of Prague, with other sinister stops in Slovakia, Poland and Hungary, not to mention outdoor adventures (kayaking and trekking) to complete the fun.

Central Europe Trip Details:


Duration: 15 days, 14 nights
Stops included: Vienna, Cesky Krumlov, Prague, Kudowa Zdroj, Krakow, Tatra Mountains, Budapest
Start: Vienna, Austria
End: Budapest Hungary

Egypt Adventure


Travel to Egypt for free with BootsnAll and World Nomads
Take an 8-day journey into the land of Gods, pharaohs, temples and tombs. Follow the Nile River in its course through the Ancient World to the Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx, the massive temples of Abu Simbel, and the Nubian Bazaar of Aswan.

Trip Details:


Duration: 8 days, 7 nights
Stops included: Cairo, Aswan, the Nile, Luxor
Start: Cairo, Egypt
End: Cairo, Egypt

How to Participate in Trip or Treat

Travel to Central Europe, Cambodia, or Egypt for Free

How can you participate in all the fun? All you’ve got to do is head over to World Nomads and share which of the travel itineraries get your senses tingling in anticipation of eating, feeling, touching, or tasting the unknown, even when it gives you goosebumps. The deadline for entry is November 2nd. Don’t miss it! This competition is open to U.S. and residents only.

What exactly does the grand prize include?

  • Two reserved spots on Intrepid Travel‘s Cambodia Real Food Adventure, Egypt Adventure, or Best of Central Europe Tour
  • Round-trip economy airfare for two provided by BootsnAll
  • A standard travel-insurance policy for two by World Nomads
  • Luggage and gear by eBags
  • Apparel from ExOfficio
  • Footwear from Palladium
  • A 1-year subscription to AFAR Magazine