Author: Jean Ciolli

Win Free Travel from BootsnAll and World Nomads This Halloween

Make this Halloween the best ever with free travel goodies and a chance to win a free trip to Cambodia, Central Europe or Egypt. This year we’re partnering with World Nomads and Intrepid Travel (and some other great brands) to share our best travel resources with all participants, and award one lucky winner with a horrifyingly awesome, expenses-paid escape . Read on for more details about the treats, the trips and how you can win!

Treats for All! (No Costume Required)

Trip or Treat win free travel with World Nomads and Bootsnall
Every participant in Trip or Treat will get a sizeable haul of travel-related treats from World Nomads, BootsnAll, Intrepid Travel and other partners. We’re coming together to share our best travel tips and resources gleaned from years working with travelers of all ages, incomes, and backgrounds. Because even if you don’t win the grand prize, we want to help you win at making your travel dreams come true.

What exactly does the Grand Prize include, anyway?

The stuff travel dreams are made of. Seriously, though, the winner of Trip or Treat will receive pretty much everything we think a traveler needs for a big trip: two reserved spots on Intrepid Travel‘s Cambodia Real Food Adventure, Egypt Adventure, or Best of Central Europe Tour; round-trip economy airfare for two provided by BootsnAll; a standard travel insurance policy for two by World Nomads; Luggage and gear by eBags; Apparel from ExOfficio; footwear by Palladium; and a 1-year subscription to AFAR Magazine

Choose Your Own Adventure

Travel to Central Europe, Cambodia, or Egypt for Free
Now that you know you’ll be fully-equipped for your adventure, it’s time to pick one. That’s right, just one. Hands-down, the worst part of winning this contest has got to be choosing one and only one trip itinerary. What’s it going to be? The charming cobblestone streets of Central Europe? The ancient wonders of Egypt’s fertile crescent? Temples and street-food stalls in colorful Cambodia?

Foodie Adventures in Cambodia

free travel to Cambodia with Bootsnall & World Nomads

What’s an Ahp? No, not an app, an Ahp, aka, a gluttonous, ghost-like figure from Cambodia. Most often pictured as the decapitated head of a beautiful woman with nothing but entrails from the neck down, an Ahp is ravenous, constantly on the prowl for unspeakable edibles–like you’ll be (minus the unspeakable part) on this 10-day, 9-night Real Food Adventure to Cambodia. Sample unusual eats in traditional markets, enjoy cooking classes and home-cooked meals with locals and see the countryside on two wheels. From bustling street stalls to a traditional Khmer dinner by torchlight on the grounds of a temple, this itinerary will get you fully immersed in colorful, spiritual Cambodia. With stops in Phnom Penh, Kampot, Battambang, Banteay Chhmar, and Angkor Wat, you’ll spend your trip discovering the cuisine, culture, and population of this truly magical part of the world.

History, Culture, and Real-life Horror-Stories in Central Europe

See Central Europe for free with Trip or Treat

Ah, Europe.  The “old world,” where culture, cuisine, and the occasional haunted castle, or vampire story are ingrained in local culture. This 15-day, 14-night trip to where east meets west in Europe features the best of what this region has to offer, from the cafes and museums of Vienna to the fairy-tale architecture and beer halls of Prague. You’ll also have the chance to get some fresh air in medieval towns and alpine resorts, where kayaking, cycling, and hiking fill the itinerary, and then tour the grand city of Budapest, known as The Pearl of the Danube. This Central Europe adventure also includes Krakow, the Polish city that was home to Poland’s kings for more than 600 years, as well as a guided tour of Auschwitz, where you’ll learn that sometimes the real monsters are people.

Pharoahs, Temples and Tombs (Oh my!) in Egypt

Trip or Treat! Win a trip to Egypt with Bootsnall & World Nomads

Egypt: home to gods, pharaohs, temples and tombs and the Nile River, coursing through it all.  Forget what you heard on the news about travel to Egypt and give in to your curiosity about this country that was the beating, thriving heart of the Ancient World. On this eight-day adventure, you’ll see ancient wonders like the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx (via camel, of course), the massive rock temples of Abu Simbel, and the Nubian Bazaar of Aswan. Perhaps  of most interest for an intrepid traveler like yourself, you’ll get to dine with a local family and sleep under the stars as you sail down the Nile on a felucca, a traditional wooden boat.

Participating in Trip or Treat


Want a chance to win? Head over to World Nomads and share which of the amazing trips mentioned above gives you goosebumps in a good way before November 2nd. This competition is open to U.S. residents only. Winners will be announced November 17, so stay tuned!

Photo Credits: Brent Hofacker and World Nomads.