Author: Sean Keener

Kukunu: Travel Innovation Summit

Company Name: Kukunu
Official Website: https://www.kukunu.com/

What do they do? Build your itinerary across cities before planning all aspects of your trip, such as hotels, restaurants, landmarks or activities. Work together with travel partners to plan your trip, accessing over 100,000 hotels and 200,000 activities, restaurants and landmarks.
Are they a business-to-business (B2B) company, or business-to-consumer (B2C)? B2C
Founder(s): CTO Gerald Goldstein has a degree in engineering and a PhD in physics. CEO Itamar Lesuisse was a consultant for The Boston Consulting Group before meeting his passion for the web at Amazon.
Date Founded: 2010 (in beta)

Presentation Notes:
According to Kukunu, the average traveler spends 28 days on 20 different websites  from search to booking and over 50% of the people report that the process is unpleasant. Kukunu aims to change that, allowing users to share trip planning, add cities to a calendar and map, build an itinerary add transport like car rentals and flights, and make plans for things to see and do – together.  Users can broadcast their plans within their social network and friends can comment and add their input on the trip; Facebook comments integrate into the trip info stores on Kukunu.
Why should/shouldn’t travelers care?
Kukunu says it offers technology to make travel planning simple and social and that it will “change the way we plan travel.” While many travelers will appreciate an easy way to create and shares trips with friends, I think it’s a stretch to say the way we plan trips will be drastically changed. Still the user-interface seems fun to play with.