Author: Norman Goldman

Romantic Fun in Orlando – Orlando, Florida

Art Work by Lily Azerad-Goldman


Sirens

Sirens


Thinking about a unique romantic experience coupled with fantastic fun? Perhaps somewhere you can pop the question, renew your vows or just sneak away from the office? Why not venture to the number one tourist destination in the world: Orlando, Florida?

It is here where you will find the newest theme park, Discovery Cove, and where you can engage dolphins to participate in your memorable romantic escapade. The park’s premium romantic package will provide you with a buoy, personalized with your special love message, delivered by a dolphin to your loved one. Perhaps, you may even convince your new-found friend to deliver an engagement ring to your sweetheart? How is that for something out of the ordinary!

You can even snuggle up in your own private cabana with a bottle of Dom Perignon served in a souvenir champagne chiller with flutes. Madame or Mademoiselle will also receive one dozen gorgeous long-stemmed roses along with three chocolate/vanilla-dipped strawberries.

So as not to forget this special occasion, the package includes an underwater disposable camera, a mosaic picture frame, a keepsake photograph of the interaction with the dolphin, and a video of this special moment showing the interaction with the dolphin.

Although located near SeaWorld, Discovery Cove is a separate entity requiring an additional entrance ticket. However, once you purchase the Discovery Cove entrance ticket you will also have access to Sea World for one week. As soon as you enter into the concierge-style check-in, an Adventure Guide will provide you with an orientation tour of the park. Limiting its attendance to 1000 persons daily, the park ensures that everyone enjoys the ultimate in hands on experience. This may be the interacting with the dolphins, feeding the birds in the beautiful aviary, pampering a pygmy falcon, feeding tropical fish, snorkelling in deep-water lagoons while swimming among thousands of magnificent colourful exotic fish, exploring an underwater shipwreck and hidden grottos, or playing with an anteater and stingrays. You can even swim in a temperature-controlled tropical river running through most of Discovery Cove offering guests the opportunity to swim or float through waterfalls, sandy beaches and rocky lagoons.

As for equipment, all you have to bring is yourself. Towels, masks, cold-water wet suits, changing rooms and showers, animal-safe sunscreen, and even lunch are all part of the package. In addition to the romantic package, there are several other offerings to fit different circumstances and budgets. These include the birthday package, premium package and the golden ring package. If you are really ambitious, you can participate in Discovery Cove’s “Trainer for a Day” package providing you with an enhanced interaction and training session. You will even attend the dolphin behavioural classes.

After an exhilarating experience at Discovery Cove or at any other of the theme parks, relaxation and comfortable accommodations are a must. One suggestion is Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort. Located just minutes away from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and Discovery Cove, these vacation properties pack a great deal of wallop for your money. Ideally located in serene and lush surroundings right off International Drive, Grande Vista leaves nothing to chance for guest services and accommodations.


Golf

Golf


Upon arriving to a warm reception, visitors appreciate why this 164-acre resort, designed in a unique St. Augustine style architecture, has been classified as one of Marriott Vacation Club’s most beautiful and relaxed luxurious resorts. To a very large degree it has succeeded. Guests can challenge themselves to a variety of options such as: the adjacent Faldo Golf Institute 9-hole golf course, 35-acres practice range, state-of-the-art teaching facilities, PGA instructional staff, complete golf shop, 5 heated swimming pools, 3 whirlpool spas and one sauna tower, fully equipped fitness center, four lighted tennis courts, and a basketball court.

You can also rent bikes, boats and roller blades. Families with children can also take advantage of the children’s activity center as well as the organized comprehensive activities program for children and teenagers. For couples, the resort’s activities range from Scuba classes and wine tasting to pottery classes and beginner’s yoga.

Tastefully furnished, each of the 636 one-, two- and three-bedroom villas holds the comforts of home. Features include kitchens will full sized refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, spacious living and dining areas, king beds, color televisions with cable and VCP, washer/dryers, irons and ironing boards, coffee makers. Private balconies or porches give the resort the appearance of a residential village. The two-seater whirlpool tubs in the master suites are something you surely will want to take advantage of, especially after a gruelling day of visiting the theme parks. You have to admit that nothing is more relaxing or romantic than experiencing the whirlpool bath with your loved one followed by a candlelight dinner savouring a tantalizing bottle of wine.

The MarketPlace convenience store offers all the basics to fill up your fridge and choose among a variety of excellent wines. If you prefer, among the dinning options offering casual menus, you can experience the full service Nick’s Grill or the Lighthouse Bar & Grill located within easy access to your villa.

If you are thinking of the ultimate gift to your loved one, you may even consider purchasing a timeshare at one of these villas. Each contains guest rooms that are also available to rent apart from the main villa portion, offering up to 654 units with 412 sq ft. to sleep up to four with king bed and queen sleeper. What is noteworthy is that Marriott is one of the first organizations that brought respectability to the timeshare industry, or as they call it, vacation properties. This is in contrast when not too long ago timeshares were often synonymous with sleaze and high-pressured salespersons. Marriott can’t afford to ruin its reputation. They are the superstars in their extra-ordinary dedication to being the number one company devoted to vacation properties.

Resort Details
Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort
5925 Avenida Vista,
Orlando, Fla, 32821
Tel: 1-800-845-5279
Fax: 1-407-238-0900

Discovery Cove
Reservations: 1-877-4Discovery

Questions?

If you want more information about this area you can email the author or check out our North America Insiders page.